DAVID H. BRINTON is the principal in the Law Offices of David H. Brinton, LLC, in Chicago, Illinois. After practicing exclusively in tort defense until 1998, he has since concentrated in representing plaintiffs in nursing home litigation and medical malpractice, among other areas. He is a Leading Lawyer in Illinois in Nursing Home Negligence law. This is a recognition from his peers – other Illinois lawyers.
Since 1998, Mr. Brinton has concentrated his focus on Nursing Home Negligence and Abuse. This emphasis has led him to concentrate in the area of nursing home litigation. Mr. Brinton is often asked to speak on his extensive knowledge of Nursing Home Malpractice, including the following:
- DePaul University College of Law (“Elder Law: Nursing Home Litigation”; Chicago, Illinois – March 2011, April 2012, April 2013, March 2014, and April 2015).
- “Accessibility to Medical Records” (Lorman Education Services – Medical Records Law Seminar, Chicago, Illinois – June 2013 and Elk Grove Village, Illinois – February 2014)
- “Effective Discovery in Nursing Home Litigation” and “Common Types of Nursing Home Claims” (National Business Institute – Nursing Home Malpractice: Evaluating and Addressing Accountability, Chicago, Ill.– June 2008, Dec. 2008, June 2009)
- “Nursing Home Negligence – Preparing the Case for the Plaintiff and Defense” (Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education [IICLE], Springfield, Ill., and Chicago, Ill.– Jan. 2007)
- “Nursing Home Litigation – Plaintiff’s Perspective” (Lorman Education Services: Nursing Home Negligence in Illinois Seminar, Downers Grove, Ill.– Aug. 2005)
- “Screening A Nursing Home Case” (Chicago Bar Association – Young Lawyers Section Tort Litigation Committee, Chicago, Ill. – Dec. 2004)
- “Elder Abuse and Fraud Summit” (Panel Member, Sponsored by Karen May, State Representative 58th District, Chicago, Ill. – March 2004)
- “Maximizing Damages in Nursing Home Cases” (Lawyers and Judges Publishing Company-Nursing Home Litigation Seminar, Tucson, Ariz. – Nov. 2002)
Mr. Brinton has authored and co-authored numerous articles and chapters on the topic of Nursing Home Malpractice, including supplements to the following:
- “Screening a Nursing Home Case,”in Nursing Home Malpractice: Investigation and Case Preparation, 2d Edition (Lawyers and Judges Publishing, 2006)
- “Nursing Home Litigation-Plaintiff Perspective”, Issues in Long Term Care, (Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education [IICLE], 2002; Supplement 2005)
- “Handling Witnesses: Deposing the Medical Director, Director of Nursing, Attending Physician, Nursing Home Administrator and Nursing Staff,” in Nursing Home Litigation: Pretrial Practice and Trials, (Lawyers and Judges Publishing, 2001)
- “First Things First: Screening a Nursing Home Case,” Illinois Bar Journal (June 2000)
Mr. Brinton also donates his time to the “Big Brothers, Little Brothers” program. He also enjoys participating as a Judge for the American Association of Justice Mock Trial Competition, which helps aspiring attorneys sharpen their litigation skills.
David Brinton Facts:
- He is a Member of the Illinois State Bar Association
- He is a Member of the American Association for Justice
- He is a Member of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Has recently been named the Leading Lawyer in Illinois for Nursing Home Negligence*
*Less than 5% of the lawyers in Illinois get this title and it’s based on peer recommendations
- He is a licensed foster parent
Mr. Brinton has also acted as a Judge for the American Association of Justice Mock Trial Competition (formerly ATLA), Chicago Regional, in March of 2006 through 2010. He has also taught at DePaul University College of Law (“Elder Law: Nursing Home Litigation”; Chicago, Illinois – 2011 to 2017). He is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, American Association for Justice, and Illinois Trial Lawyers Association. He received his J.D. from DePaul University College of Law in 1985 and his B.A. from Lawrence University in 1982.